Boxing Day by the Thames

While staying with our daughter, son-in-law, and brand new grandchild in Teddington over Christmas, I decided I need some exercise on Boxing Day and went for a walk to Kingston and back via the river. I took the Thames path from Teddington Lock to Kingston bridge.


Sculler on the Thames near the Tamesis Club, Teddington

The sun was shining and several families had the same idea. I managed to take a close look at the Albany boathouse which was the former home of Kingston Rowing Club. In 1963 this was where I rowed at Tiffin School. I spent many hours rowing up and down the reach from Hampton Court to Teddington.


Albany Boathouse, Kingston-upon-Thames

Another NB Albert was moored close by. We passed them twice on our Thames journey in 2008 when the owner was carrying out maintenance. We exchanged cheery waves. The history of the boat is now written on the side! Very smart paintwork.


Another NB Albert


Sailing on the Thames at Kingston
(Yes, including the seagull was deliberate!)

Best wishes for the New Year.